Sunday, July 8, 2012

A Rat With Wings

      A young raven stumbled along a rocky path, looking for something to eat.  He had just found a beetle and was settling down to eat when there was a rush of air above him.  He looked up as a huge turkey vulture swooped down, seemingly appearing out of nowhere.
      "Well, well, well."  he hissed.  "What have we got here?"  Taking a step closer, he stared at the raven.  "I thought you were a piece of dead meat! What are you really?"
      "I am a raven!" declared the raven, trying to look noble (which is rather hard when you have bits of downy feathers sticking out from you in all different directions).
      "Huh" the vulture chuckled.  "You look more like a rat.  A rat with wings, if you can call those things wings!"  The raven took a step back, insulted.  "Well, seeing that you aren't dead, I guess I'll leave.  But I'll be watching you.  You won't stay alive very long here!" and with that, the vulture flew off, cackling.
      Hmm, thought the raven, A rat with wings.  Rat... wing.  Ratwing!
Authors Note: 
Sorry it took so long.  Looks like Ratwing found out what his name is, huh?

3 comments:

  1. I posted your link on Story Blog Links on TFEOB! Can you link my story blog? Thanks, I'll return the favor! ;) Sorry for the delay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kay , I will but I don't know how to post it like you do so I will make a separate page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can tell you how.

    Save the link picture.
    Go to layout.
    Add a gadget.
    Go to picture.
    Put the picture in.
    If you're linking someone, backspace out the "http://" in the box and paste the link to the story you're linking. Save it.

    Hope this helped! :3

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! DO NOT DO ANY MEAN COMMENTS OR THE VULTURES WILL GET YOU!